Friday, February 20, 2015

Snow Fun

Six inches of snow fell Monday night and it has closed schools all week. It has been bitter cold, but Josiah and Anna have gone out several times every day. Aliza goes out for a little bit, but she prefers to stay warm. I don't blame her! This year I have Isaiah to keep me inside...next year I'll be out playing in the snow too.

Josiah and Anna have been building an igloo. They had plans for a roof, but so far that hasn't happened.



And when they are too cold to be outside, they bring snow inside to eat.
One afternoon I heard someone singing Let It Go. I went to investigate and found that Anna was outside singing at the top of her lungs. She had her Elsa costume on over her clothes and they were acting out Frozen. (Apparently Else leaves her coat open and doesn't wear a hat!)
Anna usually comes in crying because she is so cold and then they all require a warm bath instead of hot chocolate.

And when they fussed the first snow day about having to have school, I assured them that they would rather have school now when there is snow outside than when it is sunny and warm. Mama is almost ready to count down to summer...

No comments: