Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Bit Nostalgic


I said good bye to one of my neighbors today. She is moving to be close to her daughters and I couldn't be happier for her--and her daughters! I got a bit nostalgic though. You see, Jeremy rented their house for a couple months before we got married. They weren't quite ready to move in and Jeremy needed a place to live.

I distinctly remember the scent of this house even though I did not spend much time there at all. We both knew better than to do that to ourselves! While Jeremy lived there we decided that we really loved this little village community and hoped that a house--any house--on this road would come up for sale. One day Jeremy called and told me that a For Sale By Owner sign had been posted. We bought the house that we are still living in very quickly.
The Lions Club sponsors a 4th of July parade every year and this year our neighbor was asked to be the Grand Marshall. For many years we have watched the parade from her yard.
I'll really miss knowing that she is right down the road. I'm pretty sure I'll still look for a light in the window for a long time as I drive past.

No comments: