Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Six-Tea


I've been dreaming up a special tea party for my mother-in-law's 60th birthday for a long time.  My Mom has hosted quite a few tea parties over the years and I decided I had to figure out a way for Karen to be part of one! A 60th birthday seemed like a good excuse for a big birthday party. Karen's sister, sisters in law, and two nieces were able to attend. Mom and I dreamed up the menu and Janell pulled it all together with decoration.

Aliza was along to help the morning of the party. She was so excited to learn how to make the cloth napkin roses.
Since Karen has only boys I decided that they needed to leave their mark on the day. I talked with my sister in law in Texas and she suggested that each son choose a verse and she would write it on an antique cup and saucer. It was perfect. Karen loved it. I was so pleased to be able to include the Texas family in the day too.


Karen's sister, Donna, kept us laughing pretty much the whole meal.
We started with salad, and a choice of Potato Soup or Zucchini Carrot Soup.
We kept the salad, soup and sandwiches low carb for our Trim Healthy guest of honor. =)
Cucumber sandwich with ham and muenster cheese, Cherry tomato caprese, egg salad on a gluten free bagel chip, and carb balance tortillas with cream cheese, turkey and spinach.
Strawberry shortcake scones with clotted cream, greek yogurt and a fruit cup
Desserts were samoa cake, raspberry brie puff pastry and lemon pie (in a flower shape).
I was so thrilled to honor the mother of my husband. She raised the man that I respect and love and I'll be forever thankful for her parenting and love of family. Karen is a Mom to me and one of my closest friends. I've been part of the family for 16 years and our relationship has certainly deepened to reflect that length of time.




No comments: