Friday, August 21, 2015

Another Week Overview Post

There were several nights this week that I wanted to write, but didn't feel like I had anything interesting to say. My life is feeling rather mundane right now with three of my closest girls getting ready for some big change that will make them, at least, feel less accessible to me. It has been one of those weeks when I have had to go over and reassess why I do what I do and come to the conclusion, quickly, that it is still right for me and my family at this time.

Aliza and Josiah finished swimming lessons. They are truly swimming! Aliza worked so hard for this accomplishment. There was one week that she desperately wanted to quit and I convinced her to talk to her teacher and keep going. It was the next week that she had broke through and felt successful.

I think Isaiah grew up over the course of this week. I was playing with him today and he just looked older. He is almost one--I keep reminding myself. He loves things with wheels. Anna purposely laid her bike on its side so Isaiah could play with the wheels. So thoughtful...
Isaiah loves the water!
I've picked some nice peppers from our plants. This week I made Sloppy Jo Stuffed Peppers and Isaiah loved it.
There are plastic containers, pots and pans and ziploc baggies all over my floor. =)
Does this girl looks thrilled to be with her Daddy at the coffee shop for a few hours? A little time with Daddy alone goes a long way.
This is a quarter of a huge watermelon and apparently someone knew what the best bits of the watermelon are. Sometimes I just have to shake my head...and wish that it was me who couldn't resist temptation!!
Aunt Meghan brought a bag of watermelon to the beach cut up and de-seeded just for Isaiah. He stood right there and ate the whole bag.
Three sweet mermaids! I figured since I started the summer by taking 6 to the beach I should end the summer the same way!

And just so that we all remember that Isaiah is really still a baby, he was sound asleep by the time we got home from the beach. He woke up enough for a bath and a bottle and then he promptly slept for almost 3 hours.
We are starting school on Monday. I feel like I should be looking forward to it more than I am. I know why I'm not--I'm setting my alarm clock and changing the kids morning routine so that we get an earlier start and hopefully an earlier finish each day. I suppose if that actually happens it will be worth it. I'll let ya'll know how that goes!

No comments: