Saturday, August 8, 2015

Sports Camp

Aliza, Josiah and Anna had so much fun at Mega Sports Camp this week!

This first picture is to show that Anna (in the pink shirt) participated in the preschool class. Halfway through the first night she came running over to me to say, "Mommy, I don't need you anymore." It was great. I didn't know how to act! I sat and read.
The second night it was super hot, I had Isaiah, and Anna didn't need me. So Isaiah and I hung out in the air conditioned church foyer. Isaiah enjoyed standing up and looking out the huge glass doors.
Halfway through the third night, Anna came to me and said, "Mommy, I'm exhausting." She was tired and done for that night. Thursday she hung on Jeremy's leg the whole time and Friday night she just wanted to play soccer with Daddy. So she ended on a positive note.

Josiah chose Outdoor Survival Skills for his group. He loved it. He had so much to tell me every night. Monday night he could not wait to tell me that it's possible to filter pee to drink. I wasn't sure what to expect from the rest of the week!!
They built shelters one night. It was still standing two nights later. =)

Aliza chose Drama. After the first night she wasn't feeling very confident about her class, but by the end of the second night she loved it. She had lots to tell me every night and came home super excited. The group prepared a play to perform on the last evening for the camp. They had to choose whether they wanted to do a play with words and no movement or movement and no words. They chose movement and no words.
The play was the Christmas story--narrated by the drama coach. Aliza was the angel. She was just thrilled with her role. Here's the video:


Each night they sang songs, learned a mega point, listened to a mini sermon and memorized 1 Peter 3:15. The mascot of the camp was Mega. He was very involved with the kids this year and Aliza and Josiah loved him. Anna wanted absolutely nothing to do with him.

No comments: