Saturday, April 23, 2016

My Bible Rebound

Way back when I was in 8th grade, I really wanted The New Student Bible. My parents gave it to me for Christmas that year and it has been the Bible used since then. It's been through life with me. By the time I got through high school and, having lived through years of school locker abuse, I got a Bible case for it. That preserved it for many years, but the binding continued to deteriorate. Quite a few years ago the zipper on that Bible case broke and the binding got to the point that one day soon my Bible pages were just going to fall out of the case.

Getting my Bible rebound in leather has been on my lists of wants for  a while and recently the timing was right. I found Bindlund Leather Co on etsy. The owner and I went back and forth a few times. I sent my Bible to him and this week it was returned to me!
Photo by bindlundleatherco
I love it! The pages still fall open the way they are supposed to. I have all of my notes and underlining. As long as the pages hold up it's my Bible for life--or at least for a good many more years.

No comments: