Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Summer Winding Down

In May, when school was almost over, I made a list of projects I wanted to complete during summer break. This week I crossed off the last one--painting the cabinets in the laundry room.
Now they are white. This is a pathetic after picture, but you get the idea. I have a few more things I want to do in this space to finish it off.
As I was finishing the painting project, our school books arrived. Oh the excitement!

Aliza gave me no peace until I had her books and papers organized and watched the orientation lessons with her. This year Aliza has her own notebook with lesson plans in it for each subject which makes her feel very grown up. I was very impressed with her teachers. They definitely have 6th grade as a year to prepare for the changes that come in Jr. High and High School. One of Aliza's big goals for this school year is to really understand math so that she can advance to Pre Algebra next year.

This is what my organization looks like for this year. All the workbooks, answer keys and handouts still fit on 2 shelves--barely!
I don't really feel ready to start school again. I'm not sure what my problem is. I guess I better get myself ready because Monday is coming!


No comments: