Monday, February 19, 2018

Frozen on Ice

I followed an advertisement for a school showing for Disney's Frozen on Ice and inquired about tickets. I was given the information and showed up on the Friday morning at the Civic Center for the show. The children were looking forward to it and Mom was with us. We went to the ticket counter only to find out that the school show had been cancelled. The people working at the ticket counter were not very sympathetic or overly kind. We headed back to the car to figure out what to do next. (We ended up at the Delmarva Discover Center from my last post.) The kids were disappointed. I was super disappointed! The children handled it SO well though. Anna gave me a hug and said, "Mom, the important thing is that we are family" which made me cry.

I went ahead and emailed the promoter who had given me the information about the school show. I was polite and acknowledged that maybe we did not communicate clearly about the date or location. We had a couple quick emails back and forth and half an hour later he told me that 6 tickets were at will call under my name for the Sunday show.

By Sunday the boys and Jeremy decided they really didn't want to go so the girls and I met Janell's family at the show. I picked up our tickets to find out that I did not have to pay for them and the seats were on the top row of the lower tier of seats. I really didn't know how to feel about the whole thing--excited, guilty, thankful. Janell's family sat with us and we had a great time.
The girls were completely absorbed in the story. They sang every song and just loved every minute.


To add to the excitement as soon as we got back to the car, Anna lost her top front tooth! 

The girls wanted a snow cone in a souvenir cup so badly, but they were $15. I told the girls we would get ice cream on the way home. Aliza learned the lesson--if all of us got snow cones at the show it would have cost $45, but we got fancy rolled ice cream at South Pole for $18.
That ice cream was some of the best I've ever had. I have never seen rolled ice cream before, but Aliza knew from watching cooking shows exactly what it was when we walked in. Ice cream was a great ending for an afternoon that the girls will remember for a long time.

No comments: