Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Discovered the Delmarva Discovery Center

It wasn't our original plan for the day, but that is a story for the next post! 

In the little town of Pocomoke we found another treasure in our own backyard. I know I assumed it wouldn't be much of anything, but we found the Delmarva Discovery Center to be full of opportunities for learning and play.
 One highlight was the big ship to explore and interact with. The children could steer the ship virtually down the Pocomoke River. (
 (The ship is in the background.) The touch tank intrigued Isaiah. He didn't really want to touch but he sure enjoyed looking.

 There was a skipjack to play in and Isaiah loved moving the rudder.
 Every day at noon the staff do an educational program with the museum's 2 river otters and feed them. I didn't know river otters could be trained!


I walked out with a year membership. I need to support our local treasures! We spent about an hour and a half there which was about long enough for that day. I can see it being a place we enjoy going.

No comments: