Sunday, September 16, 2018

Projects

There are a couple projects started in my house, but this one was pretty easy to finish. It still took the motivation of my Mom bringing up a few tools (and herself!) to help me to get it finished!
This wooden piece is from a desk chair that we had for Jeremy. That chair served it's purpose and a wheel was broken so it was broken down into pieces and put on the burn pile.

Probably last fall my mother in law was out at the burn pile with the children and came back to the house with this piece. She said it needed to be reclaimed ad repurposed. So she took it home and eventually painted it and added the knobs.

I brought it home with me in July and planned to finish it. We used sandpaper to give it a distressed look and attached chicken wire the back. It's hanging right inside the back door.

I decided that I liked using small clothes pins to add pictures. I used a couple of my Grandma that I already had. I might make it season with little garlands from the knobs.

I didn't think I would be that crazy about this piece, but it ended up making me very happy!

No comments: