Friday, September 21, 2018

Riding in Style

Two weeks ago I was at my parents house and a thunderstorm came up. Mom and I noticed that a limb fell, but I didn't think anything of it. On my way home I noticed that I had a crack all the way across the top of my windshield. And then Jeremy noticed a decent dent in the roof right above the windshield.

We have comprehensive coverage on our van so we went ahead and scheduled to get it fixed. I opted to wait until this week to get it done because last week Hurricane Florence was headed towards us and I didn't want a rental sitting in my driveway during a storm. lol.

So Monday morning Jeremy dropped off the van at the body shop and Hertz picked him up and took him to the rental center. Our insurance also covered a large percent of a rental. And Jeremy came home in his '18 Suburban. All the bells and whistles. 19k miles. And then he told me what it would cost off the lot--starting at $50,000. Whaaat??!!
We went for a drive (and Rita's ice) on Monday evening so that I could get a feel for it. That thing is huge! I'm a lot more comfortable now on Friday, but, man, I am still self conscious on the road.

It's a fun experience to drive a fancy vehicle, but I would never spend that kind of money on a car. It's stressful to have to worry about every knick and scratch. I think my almost 10 year old van can get me around just as well as this fancy beast! It looks like we have the Suburban through the weekend, but I'll be happy to get the van back.

No comments: