Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sweet Potatoes and Pumpkins

When Grandad dug for sweet potatoes last year, there were none. This year, though, there were lots and some were HUGE! On Facebook, someone commented that the name on the side of the wheelbarrow is fitting. "He is a 'craftsman' of the soil." I like that! It is true!
We had a couple sweet potatoes for supper tonight and they are yummy! I'm pretty sure the one below would feel a family of four!
It was hot and I was sweating while I worked outside today, but it was time to bring in the fall feeling anyway. I liked this hashtag #fallingforfall that I saw this week. It happens every year. I don't want summer to end, but then fall comes and we have some very gorgeous days and cooler evenings and I fall for fall every year.
This time #fallingforfall looks like me sitting on the porch with a cup of hot tea reading my book or one of Aliza's textbooks that I'm trying to stay ahead of her in! It's taken forever, but I have come to really enjoy the porch. The little table is waiting for paint...some day.

No comments: