Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Dining Room Update

Painting the dining room was on my list of summer projects. That didn't happen, but I finally bought paint last week. And then that paint called my name all week and last weekend I dove into the project.

First step was to pain the trim white. I thought I was going to take this project slowly, but once I had that white paint on and realized that the bottom half of the wall looked like we had been smoking in the house for the last 18 years, I knew I wasn't going to take anything slowly!
I tried using a sponge brush to cut in without taping, but I quickly learned that I cannot paint a straight line. So I taped. Coloring in the lines is much easier for me!
I learned a new thing--color can be added to primer. Isaiah wanted so badly to help. I gave him a little brush and a blank wall and let him go. He painted for a few minutes, was thrilled, and then the was done. And he didn't ask to paint again. I'd call that a win for both of us!
Jeremy was really my hero. He did the rolling. Primer finished.
One coat of paint and then room was finished! When I started the paint I was not at all sure one coat would do it, but when it dried, it looked great.
Naturally the dining room is much brighter and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

No comments: