Sunday, October 13, 2019

Aliza's First Tea

I promised Aliza that when she was 13 I would take her to the Main Street Enchanted Tea Room in Berlin. She and I decided that it would be most fun if both of Aliza's Grandmas would join us. With both Grandmas working weekends it became quite a puzzle to figure out. My Mom still ended up taking the day off work, but we made it happen last weekend before Isaiah's birthday party.

Aliza loved it. I had no doubt about that. She loves trying all kinds of food and she loved everything she tried this time.
Part of the charm of this tea room is the owner who shares all of kinds of information with her customers. This time we learned about Nippon china. We also had a detailed description of three female Hindu goddesses. The funny story is that this week my Mom pulled out a piece of china from Gramma and happened to turn it over and it was Nippon china. She was planning to put a candle on the plate. After she saw that it was Nippon, she put parchment paper under the candle. 
One special girls who has two very special Grandmas.

After tea we walked around and browsed in a couple of my favorite shops. When I saw this picture I was reminded again how grown up Aliza is.
We got home with an hour to get ready for Isaiah's birthday party. Thankfully Janell arrived at the same time and helped me because Isaiah's cake wasn't even decorated.

No comments: