Friday, December 20, 2019

2 Things

1. On Tuesday I had just returned from walking when Isaiah came downstairs half asleep. He crawled up on my lap and promptly fell back to sleep. Be. Still. My. Heart. I sat and snuggled and soaked up every single second of it. This picture was about 40 minutes in and a couple of position changes later. I had forgotten how tired it makes me feel to watch a little one sleep. I did doze off for a few minutes. It was a full hour before Isaiah woke up.

2. For the past few months the Share food has been delivering to the church on Friday. That means that the children and I, along with my Dad, meet the truck, unload and organize the food for pickup on Saturday. With the holiday boxes in Nov and Dec it has a been a bit more involved. We spent 3 hours at the church this afternoon and the children were the best helpers. This was an assembly line to pass the vegetables to me to put in the freezer.
There are some advantages to having big kiddos! I'm also thankful that we have such a natural way to incorporate service into our life. A service project is a pretty great way to start Christmas break.

No comments: