Sunday, December 8, 2019

Every Tree Has a Story

I had tree decorating night planned all week. On Friday I used the winter plates for supper and had the tree decorating snacks prepared. At 6:00 Jeremy told me he was helping one of his team members trouble shoot an issue. At 7:00 he was stuck working on a computer and was deciding if he should just bring it home or not. At 7:30 I decided that I was just going to have to bring the tree in and set it up myself. Aliza helped me bring the box in and together we set up it. While I fluffed, Aliza and Anna tested the lights and untangled them.
It was about when the lights looked like this that Jeremy got home! Actually we had started stringing them on the tree, but decided we would stop and let Jeremy get settled and then let him do the lights. That was a very good decision.

When it was *finally* time to get the decorations out there was the usual chaos of who is going to get to hang which decorations. And promptly one decoration slipped out of someone's hand and shattered. I just cleaned it up. Thankfully I didn't let it ruin the evening.

My favorite is the new decorations from our adventures during the year.
Strasburg Train
New Orleans
Put-In-Bay, Ohio
Spangler Candy Factory
That's the story of this year's tree. I enjoy it now that it is up and decorated!

No comments: