Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Steps

Next Monday is my big day. The first day I will be home alone with 2 children. This Friday I am finally allowed to pick up Aliza. I can't wait! So I've been trying to imagine what it will be like to be a mother of two and the thing I am most worried about is feeding times with Josiah. So today Karen made a Wal-Mart run and I had Josiah and Aliza and Josiah needed to be fed. (Jeremy was here working so I had emergency back-up)

I was really proud of myself that it went really well. Aliza brought books to look at and talked and kept herself really busy (as usual these days). The craziest thing she did was insist upon eating a piece of semi-sweet baking chocolate. I tried to verbally convince her it was yucky, but with every bite she said "yum". Oh well. She had chocolate all over her face by the time Josiah was done feeding.

I'm pretty sure breastfeeding is going out the window after this week. I have been pretty excited though that I have some milk this time around. It's time for the late night feeding.....he's sleeping...it stinks to wake a sleeping baby! Hopefully he'll go back to sleep. We've been having trouble getting Josiah back to sleep after his 2:30am feeding. We've been up and down until 4 or so pretty consistently. This too will pass....

No comments: