Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Mildly Profound!

I listen to the same 6 CDs in the car and it happens that Aliza's current favorite song (that she asks for all the time) is on a grown up CD. Actually it is Deluge by Bethany Prayer Network (a big G12 church in Louisiana).

The point is that there is a line in one song that catches my attention and makes me think. It says, "We don't want blessings, we want You." Isn't that true? Blessings are no good if we don't have the presence of God in our life. So often I spout off prayers asking for this or that, strength to make it through the day...or the minute. But more often I need to take time to experience the presence of God. To let God just make himself known to me.

I'm hoping that God comes up with a great way to show himself to a stay at home Mom who does more child watching than God watching. I think He's big enough to do that!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Oh yeah, girl! That is my prayer too! I know He can do it :)