Thursday, November 20, 2008

Aliza Stories

Does this look like a can opener to you? It does to me too. But in Aliza's world it is a harmonica...and...a microphone. Her Grandpa Heslop plays harmonica.

She's always delighted when she rediscovers it. She is singing here. One night it had to go to bed with her.

I win the Way-Too-Trusting-Mom award today. Things went awry while I was in the shower this morning. Yes, that is dry erase marker on the sheets.

And on the walls. The thing is I had those markers on top of her tall dresser. I am still mystified as to how she got them off the dresser.

She knew right away that she was in trouble. As soon as I walked in she said she was sorry. I'm not a huge fan of using shame for punishment. So this is how it went. We bought Mr. Clean Magic Erasers at the grocery store. After supper (I had to wait until Josiah was taken care of and I could focus on Aliza.) we had to go to the Gospel Shop to buy a birthday present and she knew she could pick out a DVD. All the way home we talked about how we had to clean the walls before she could watch the new DVD and about how it was naughty to write on the walls. She got the point. When we got home we came straight upstairs and started scrubbing. She quickly got discouraged because although the marker came off the walls it took a good bit of elbow grease so Aliza wasn't seeing results. She wasn't allowed to go play with the sponge in the water....which she wanted to do. She won't be playing with markers any time soon!

And now we live happily ever after while watching the new Boz Christmas DVD.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Thanks for pointing me this way from my Facebook wall! You have a friendly, conversational, "real" style here on your blog that I enjoy... Blessings to you (and patience in abundance!) as you raise your precious little ones to love and serve the God Who created them!