Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Memories

Thanksgiving Day we had our meal at my parents. Thank goodness for a Mom to cook Thanksgiving dinner. I am so not ready to tackle turkey responsibility. It was a different experience to be the only child home for Thanksgiving. Aliza had fun pulling out every new toy, game or puzzle that she could find. And Josiah speaks for himself up on the dishwasher door. He was quite the explorer that day.



Friday morning we headed off to Jeremy's parents. It was our first trip since Josiah was 7 weeks old. Both of them were great in the car. The first night was a circus, but the second night was perfect. Both slept 11.5 hours. I slept about that long too! I was still exhausted from the first night. Somehow Jeremy slept through most of the circus. Why is that??? Anyway, Aliza had an interesting second Thanksgiving dinner. Grandma had bought sweet gherkins pickles since Aliza and I like them. She put about 12 or so in a bowl and asked Aliza to carry them to the table. Aliza took ownership of the bowl. Jeremy and I each convinced her to share one with us, but that was it. She ate every last pickle in the bowl and enjoyed every second of it!


1 comment:

Natalija said...

Aaahh turkey+travel=sleep seems a logical sequence of events. I love love love that picture of Josiah on the dishwasher door. He just looks so proud of himself, it cracks me up.