Monday, December 1, 2008

Tree Decorating

General disclaimer! Jeremy recently called me a "crazy blogging woman." I'm really not obsessed. I just have to write these little stories down before they disappear from my memory forever!

And now I can't seem to get rid of the italics. Anyway, we put up the tree tonight. I cut out decorations using my Cricut and used ribbon for hangers. I figure with two toddlers you can't go wrong with paper, ribbon and an artificial tree. The less policing I have to do the better this holiday will be. We also included a set of Nativity character ornaments. Aliza was particularly excited about them. She put them up...and took them down....and put them up.....about 5 times. I expect that she will do that tomorrow and the next day and the next. I'm only hoping that she won't wake up too early tomorrow. I know she won't want to lay around in Mommy's bed like normal. She will want to go downstairs and check on the tree!





That's chocolate around her mouth. I made pretzels with Hershey kisses and M & Ms on top. I don't think she ate too many pretzels, but plenty of kisses.

And Josiah was right in on the action. Aliza quickly decided to hang "her" decorations higher on the tree so Josiah couldn't reach them. He crawled around under the tree. Apparently Aliza tried to pull him out from under the tree by his pants. When we walked into the living room he was crying and pantless. He chewed on this paper decoration until it was in shreds. He giggled and smiled the whole time though.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Those pictures are wonderful... and you aren't a crazy blogging woman :-)

Natalija said...

I have friends that blog about opening up mail. Like more than one blog a day...plus people read this, so really you're just trying to keep your fans happy!

Anonymous said...

What fun! I was thinking that some day I'll be glad to give up my fancy ornaments for toddler friendly ones. It's a good exchange for those smiles.
-Janell

chrissy said...

Keep blogging your heart out. It is fun to see how your blogging has evolved. And, what a pretty tree. :-)