Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Memories

A picture post of Christmas memories.

Josiah did well opening presents on his first Christmas.

It wouldn't be blogger without an "out of order" picture! Aliza was very patient while Jeremy put her trampoline together...twice! This is my plan for excess winter energy!

Probably the best reaction. VeggieTales Queen Esther. She's been wanting a replacement. The reaction was something to the effect of "You bought it for me!!??"

She immediately put her present on the couch away from Josiah. And she sat up there and opened them. Four presents was enough. She was overwhelmed by the end....tears. But so much fun in the process.

At a distinct moment Aliza grasped that we celebrate Christmas because it is Jesus' birthday. She said in the conversation, Happy to you, cake, presents? We said yes and I knew I had to make a birthday cake to drive the point home. We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and she blew the candles and licked the frosting off the candles when she took them out.

My nephew, Caleb. He carried around his jackhammer all afternoon. All boy and so handsome!

I was very tickled to buy bags for my sisters from a gal I went to jr. high with in Oregon. She has an etsy shop and blog www.columbialilydesigns.com
I was really excited to buy something unique and be able to support her.

And the big boys got marshmallow guns.


Christmas Day 2--We headed off to West Virginia for the weekend.
Not sure how Grandma got this picture when they were waiting for their presents.


It was a Dora Christmas for Aliza.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

You got some great pictures this year! I love my bag... I'm taking it to Jersey with me in hopes that I get out of the house without Caleb at some point :-)

Christy said...

Why thanks for the shoutout!! I had fun making them! And I can't believe it was junior high...that is FOREVER ago.