Monday, March 16, 2009

Homemade Finger Paint

We needed something new to do so I found a recipe and made some home made finger paint. It worked out really well so I thought I would share it in case anyone else is interested.

1/3 cup cornstarch
3 Tablespoons of sugar
2 cups cold water

Heat it up in a saucepan until it thickens. I put it in muffin tins to cool and added food coloring. The recipe says it is best to use it the same day it is made. I didn't try to save it. If the measurements were easier to cut in half I would.

Aliza had fun. She started with dipping one finger in the paint. By the end she had both hands covered in paint. The disaster occurred when she wanted the paint off of her hands and so decided to shake to her hands which led to paint splatters all over the kitchen!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

That's such a cute idea!

Unknown said...

This looks like fun! I'll have to try it. I am sure the girls will love it! Christy sent me the link...I hadn't looked at your blog in a long time! I hope things are going well. Thanks for posting this!

Me said...

thanks for the recipe! we just did fingerpaint for the first time ever at a friends house and it was a big hit. we spread a plastic table cloth on the floor and i literally stripped Demian before letting him loose. We will definitely try this soon at home, though i think i will use a table next time, the floor was a little to much freedom!

Natalija said...

I can't believe you made your own fingerpaint! That's really cool...Aliza looked like she was having a blast!!