Thursday, March 12, 2009

We thought it was spring....

...but there is a chance of a little bit of snow tomorrow night! We had three days of 70 degree weather and all of us loved being outside. So here are some almost spring pictures and stories.

Apparently boys develop an affinity for weights early in life. Josiah was carrying these around like he knew what he was doing.


Nothing stops Josiah outside. I can't get shoes to stay on his feet yet so I put socks on him and let him go. The next day I let him go barefoot thinking it would slow him down a bit. Not at all! He walked on gravel and on the little prickery balls that fall from a tree in our yard. I'll stick with the socks for now!

It's a little tricky keeping an eye on two going in opposite directions. Aliza wants me to play and Josiah put things in his mouth that need to be promptly removed. Keeps me hopping!

Daddy has been working at home this week on tax preparation. Josiah can hardly keep his hands off of the keyboard. Jeremy pulled out an old keyboard this afternoon and Josiah helped Daddy work. One day soon Jeremy will have an office with a door!

Both of us are looking forward to that. Since he's been working at home I've had to figure out places to go with the children or how to keep them quiet....at least when he's on the phone. Today we visited a retired neighbor friend of ours. The children were both typically active. Last time we were there she showed us her newly decorated bedroom. This time Aliza remembered where her bedroom was and helped herself to a flashlight from the bedroom. Our neighbor excused Aliza, but I told her that I needed to teach Aliza about appropriate places to go in other people's houses. As soon as I finished talking to Aliza the phone rang. My neighbor asked me to pick up the phone since she was on the floor playing with Josiah. I answered and they said, This is the 911 call center. Do you have an emergency?" Yes, Aliza apparently dialed 911 while she was in the bedroom. I was embarrassed. My neighbor was excited to have a story to tell her friends!

1 comment:

Me said...

i am laughing so hard right now! love the 911 sotry :)