Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Scrap Around the World--Week 6


This week's destination was Japan and the assignment was to do a layout about a friend. I have lots of friends, but very few pictures of my friends. I'll have to work on that. The clue was really vague, but one of the things she said was that this country had a sport with a uniform that she would not be caught dead in. I'm not certain if she was alluding to sumo wrestling, but the thought of sumo wrestling triggered some college memories for me.

Ever wonder where my sumogirl email came from? My room mate at EMU and I would sumo wrestle to relieve stress. We would put pillows under our shirts, start across the room from each other, run and collide. I usually ended up on the bottom. Stinks to be small! The others on our hall thought we were pretty outrageous and wanted to watch. So we locked our door and turned up the music. The song playing was generally "These are not my Pants." I can't remember who sang it or what CD it was on. 10 years later Carlissa and I still have sumogirl email addresses in honor of our fun and friendship. Fun memories!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! that's great. These are not my pants is a Five Iron Frenzy cd. :)