Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nor'easter

I just looked up "Nor'easter" on Wikipedia because I wasn't sure what it really meant. That's the word that is being thrown around this week in our area. It means it has been pouring rain for 3 days and more to come tomorrow. For me, that means I'm making cookies, eating cookies and feeling like crying. I can only take so much gloomy weather. Well, I can really only take one day of no sun and then I'm starting to feel it.

The beginning of the week was just gorgeous. Those sunny days I was feeling almost giddy. I was ready to conquer the world! We played outside and I was perfectly fine hanging out at home.

Aliza had a "too cute" moment this week. On the second rainy day we were going to make sugar cookies, but we only had one egg. We needed two eggs. Aliza thought it would be a good idea to call Aunt Meghan to see if we could borrow an egg. Aliza called. I'm not even sure she said hi before asking if we could borrow an egg. Meghan was able to get the gist enough to confirm that they did have an egg we could use. So we drive to their house and on the way Aliza says, "Mommy you stay in the car with Josiah. I go in and get the egg." I figure this is a perfectly safe place for her to be independent so I let her out of the car. She hesitates a bit and then slowly walked up to the house and rang the door bell. Brian gave her the egg. Brian told her to be careful. She said, "Why?" He said because if you drop the egg, it will break. And she walked back to the car--very proud of herself. (Then Brian invited us in and we played for a bit!) I was really proud of her too!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Okay, so hear is what you do to beat the rainy day blues: 1)light the best smelling candles you can find. 2)put on Christmas music(Heath just shakes his head at me but once the fall weather hits I listen to Chrismas music quite regularly, trust me it helps)3) make sure you pick some rockin' Christmas songs and dance around the house with the kids...Graham loves it. Liam just looks at us like we are crazy!4)make scones and drink tea :)

chrissy said...

I really like Christie's comment. I would have to change one thing though: I would have to go with other happy music since I like Christmas music only around Christmas usually.

Have you always felt this way about rainy weather or just since you have had the kids? Just wondering. :-)

I love rainy weather as long as it doesn't downpour or involve severe thunderstorms. It is really nice to see sun the last two days though.