Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just Sayin'...

...If a child is "big" enough to dress themselves shouldn't they also be "big" enough to poop in the potty?

Aliza is proudly dressing herself now. This morning she picked out her clothes and put them on while I was in the shower. So very wonderful!

But she also pooped in her underwear this week. I CANNOT believe I am still battling this. I started in January and it is now October. I'm not sure if potty training success or lack of success says more about the parent or the child.

I keep telling her that if she is "big" enough to dress herself then she is "big" enough to poop in the potty. Hopefully that doesn't back fire. Tonight she told Jeremy and I that she would poop in the potty when she got thiiiiiiissss big (picture arms extended above her head). We assured her that she was that big. She ran to the nearest mirror to check.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I can just imagine her running to the mirror to see how big she is. I'll commiserate in a few years :)
Janell