Friday, October 2, 2009

Phases of Life

I've been thinking this week that I'm so happy that life is made of different phases and stages. When things are tough, it is a matter of time until they get better. When life is a bit easier it is nice to enjoy the reprieve and be extra thankful before the next bump hits.

I'm in one of those seemingly easier times right now. The times when I need to discipline are spread out enough that I feel like I can think and discipline effectively instead of feeling like I am ineffectively disciplining constantly.

Josiah is finally making his language breakthrough. Of course most of his words are probably only clear to his Mommy and Daddy. But that's how it starts! I heard a clear "juice" at least three times this evening. He has a consistent word for "Aliza" too. I also hear "yes", "that," "Mom," "Dad." Josiah also consistently points to his eyes, nose, mouth, hair and sometimes his ears.

It is starting to get dark earlier and I'm wondering how we are going to fill the long winter evenings when we can't go outside.

No comments: