Monday, November 9, 2009

A Bright Sunshiney Day

We had the most beautiful weather yesterday and today. Blue skies, lots of sun and 70 degrees. Today we went to two parks and played in our yard. I think that is a record! This morning the children played so hard that at lunch they were completely quiet, ate their chicken nuggets in record time (before I could make my sandwich) and asked for seconds.

I love my kids like crazy, but I am so glad that babies grow up and mature. Aliza hopped up from the lunch table and went to the bathroom all by herself and came back to the table. It was lovely. Aliza was concerned about Josiah tonight when he was crying before supper. She went upstairs by herself to find a pacifier for him. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was purposely keeping the pacifiers in his room now. To see her care about other people is a very satisfying experience.

Aliza loves it when I straighten up her room. Apparently she wishes that I would do it more frequently. Tonight when she realized that I can cleaned up, she said in a most dramatic tone, "You cleaned up my room. Amazing!!!"

Now for some adult time. This week's episode of Amazing Race is on the agenda for the evening.

No comments: