Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kitchen Pantry

Since our home remodeling project is on hold indefinitely, I'm making a few improvements to our house. The first was a kitchen pantry. We gave away the kitchen table and bought a stock pantry from Lowe's. Today was construction day. It took Jeremy just over an hour to put it together, but I think I might have worked harder than him--keeping the children out of his way!

It started with dancing on the boards and deteriorated from there. Ultimately Josiah started crying uncontrollably saying, Daaaaaddy, Daaaaaddy, Daaaaddy.... Jeremy had to stop and hold him and then we realized that we had hurt his feelings by leaving him out. He wanted, maybe needed, to help. So we told him to stand right next to Daddy, gave him nails to hold, and then he was a happy little man.



I'm going to be able to put a lot in that pantry. A whole shelf has already been dedicated to the cereal that had been stored on top of the refrigerator and the 4 large bottles of apple juice that I buy every week are also now tucked behind doors! Behind doors!!?? What a novel idea for my kitchen (all of my upper cabinets have never had doors).

2 comments:

Christie said...

super cool! You can never have enough cupboard space!

chrissy said...

Yay for the cabinet! It looks so nice and fits perfectly on that wall. Can't wait to see it.