Monday, January 25, 2010

More Rain

It poured all morning. Every time I looked out the window the puddles were bigger. I think these are the biggest puddles yet. Of course our ground is so saturated that we are flooding very quickly. It was above 60 degrees this afternoon so we went out to play in the puddles. There were lots of puddles to choose from. I was happy that, for the most part, they avoided the ditch. The water in the ditch came up to their knees at the deepest part. I had boots on, but I really did not want to have to rescue them! They ended up being outside for almost 2 hours--and Josiah still cried when it was dark and time to come inside.

For those who know our yard, this is beside the swing set where the old chicken house used to be.

Behind the swingset. Josiah pulled that wagon the whole time he was outside.


Josiah in about the deepest part of the ditch beside our driveway.

Now I hear rain beating on our window again!!!

1 comment:

Janell said...

Aliza told me that your bed was a swimming pool, now she has a real one for a day!