Sunday, January 24, 2010

"Worth It" Moments

I made this little mini album of pictures of Josiah this summer. I used the poem "What Are Little Boys Made Of?" for journalling and added lots of neat coordinating embellishments. I didn't exactly mean to leave it where Josiah could find it, but I did and he found it. He LOVED it. He sat right down and looked carefully at every picture and every page. It was so sweet and he had no idea that he made his Mommy feel really good!

Josiah's pacifier now stays in his bed. He can have it at naptime and bedtime. It was a very easy transition. Now he talks a lot more! Duh!!! His favorite treat when we go grocery shopping is John Deere fruit snacks. On the back of the box is a picture of a farm with various tractors and animals. On Friday he came up to me pointing at a certain tractor and I was sure he was saying "lawnmower." Yup, he was pointing to a lawnmower! What a boy! Today while he was watching his John Deere DVD he was repeating the various model types. But for Hi....he still waves.


My mother-in-law captured this incredible moment at church last night. Aliza is praying. Hands folded, eyes squeezed shut. Recently she told me that Jesus lives in her heart (pointing to her stomach area) and eats the crumbs in her tummy! We've been working on memorizing some Bible verses. She gave herself away on how quickly she can memorize this weekend when she immediately picked up on a bedbug poem that Grandma Karen taught her!

No comments: