Tuesday, June 8, 2010

King Kountry Resort

This weekend we visited my Aunt and Uncle in Pennsylvania. Their home is located in the mountains and across the street from this serene stream. We now refer to this getaway location of ours as King Kountry Resort. I did not take nearly enough pictures to represent our time with them. It is refreshing to spend time with a couple that I respect. Laurie prepared a child dinner and an adult dinner (grilled shrimp, yum!) one evening. It almost counted as a date! The children played in the basement and I ate without anyone climbing on my lap.

Aliza had a grand time playing with my cousin's daughter. There is 3 years difference in their ages, but they exchanged ideas and interacted very well. It was thrilling to watch Aliza be completely engrossed and absorbed in her play. She was just happy over everything from playing on the trampoline to cooking with the play food in the basement to throwing rocks in the stream. She even declared that she "very liked" every meal Laurie prepared.

There was a John Deere tractor waiting for Josiah to play with when he arrived. That was perfect for him. He carried those tractors with him everywhere. They went to the stream and church and distracted him from a nap until I realized I had dozed off and put the tractor to bed. He wasn't so crazy about the stream, but I bet next time we visit we won't be able to tear him away from it.


Throwing rocks in the stream.

Laurie and Aliza had an adventure. They were walking in the water and Laurie lost a flip flop. While she went to rescue it down stream, Aliza waited for her on a rock in the middle of the stream.

My little "extra" was that Aliza and Josiah stayed in children's church during the entire sermon. The first sermon I have listened to in its entirety in 4 years! Jeremy's "extra" was a golfing afternoon with Dan.

1 comment:

Christy said...

it's good to have a break every now and then, and it sounds like this was a good one. =)