Monday, August 16, 2010

Reunion Moments

Family reunions are odd things. They are so important and so awkward at the same time. I've always wished that I could have grown up in close proximity with extended family members and developed friendships with cousins, aunts, uncles and great aunts and uncles. Since that is not the case family reunions are, for me, a meal and social time with people I don't know and will only see at this gathering. Well, even more awkward are in-law reunions! This is my mother-in-laws family.

We made a weekend of it and stayed with Jeremy's aunt and uncle. They made us feel very welcome. Aliza and Josiah had several nature lessons with Great Uncle Darryl and enjoyed collecting acorns. I enjoyed attending church with them. That was a highlight for Josiah also as he got to play on the playground with a backhoe. He has talked and talked and talked about picking up wood chips with that backhoe.

Jeremy's grandpa enjoying the cute little face in the next picture.


Aliza playing softball. You should have seen Jeremy jump every time she swung the bat!

Aunt Betsy made chocolate covered strawberries. Josiah loved loved loved them. I have no clue how many he ate...and then he finished them off later that evening. He brought each one to me and asked me to take the "grass" off the top.

Aliza couldn't get enough of the trampoline.

Josiah made a friend. It was fun to watch them interact.

Look at that tired face. At this point she still wanted to jump on the trampoline, but all she could do was sit still on the swing.

No comments: