Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Summer Reading Program

Our library has a summer reading program for preschoolers. It is a little game board of activities, most of which we normally do anyway, and when you finish a section you get a small prize and some coupons. It is a good incentive for me to make regular trips to the library. This year I felt like we really scored with the coupons.

Free doughnut at Dunkin' Donuts which just happens to be in our Wal-Mart and made a great good behavior incentive!


4 tickets to a minor league baseball game. We all had a good time! There were also coupons for free kid's meals at Chick-Fil-A. I was going to take a picture, but our meals in restaurants are so intense and chaotic that it didn't happen.

For the final prize, each child gets to choose a book to keep. I was proud of Aliza for telling the librarian how to spell her name for her certificate. Aliza and Josiah read their books as soon as we got home.
I love reading and would be thrilled if my children grew to love books and reading too.

1 comment:

Janell said...

I love your posts they always make me anxious for Renee to be more interactive.