Friday, September 30, 2011

Brain Dump

When I don't think I have anything to talk about, it is always interesting to dump my brain and see what is there. Fair warning!

  •  Yesterday was such a beautiful morning that we delayed school and Aliza and Josiah played outside--together--happily for a long time. Maybe I'll make it a tradition--2 hour delay for a beautiful day.
  • Sometimes you are the one to go through a hard time. Other times you are the one to carry a burden with someone else.
  •  Last night I got to go out for an evening with my sister-in-law. When I came home I thought of something else I wanted to tell her. Jeremy said "You were gone for 4 hours! How could you have anything left to talk about?" Meghan and I don't seem to have a shortage of things to talk about. 
  • We went to Olive Garden. Alone. Without children. Would you believe that somehow I managed to knock over my glass of water?! 
  • There are a couple other girl events in the works. Yay!
  • I'm reading The Help. Good book. It's been hard to put it down when I know I should go to sleep.
  • It is quite rewarding to watch Aliza learn to read.
  • Anna said hi, bye and clapped all in the same evening. That was a little much for Mama.
  • After a month of our lawnmower breaking every time Jeremy started mowing the grass, our jungle is now a yard again. 
  • I try to avoid analyzing why I am not an effective potty trainer. 
  • Silence is a beautiful sound!
Good night!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Good thoughts. I know what it's like to spend hours together with a friend and stil have things that you forgot to say! I also enjoyed The Help.... I read it during the hurricane weekend- I could hardly put it down myself, now I really want to see the movie!!