Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unbelievable Continued

After the Mommy time out abruptly ended, I thought the unbelievableness of the day would be over. It wasn't. So we'll just continue on.

My next move was to clean up lunch. In the process I realized my sister had tried to call me. I was in the middle of texting her that my lunch hour was so horrendous that I was not in the mood to talk when the phone rang.

Our caller ID announced that the call was from California. I knew who it was and just had to shake my head at the timing. We support New Life Ministries based in Laguna Beach, California and every once in a while they call to thank us for supporting them. I have never answered that phone call before, but today I did. On the other end was a wonderful woman ready to listen. I spared her and only told her in the briefest of ways that I'm a mom and I had a horrific lunch hour that included discipline, poop on the deck, a hose and a baby. She told me that she was a mom of 4 and remembered those days. We chatted a bit and she prayed for me. Aaaahhhhh. Just what I needed. It was just the human contact, encouragement and prayer that I needed. I was ready to call my sister after that.

Then we were ready for a very late rest time. I took Aliza and Josiah up only to realize that Josiah was not going to settle easily. I read to him and left him to play in his room. While I was reading to Aliza, Josiah decided that he needed to use the potty. He took  care of that by himself. He came back to ask me if he should flush. I said yes. After a minute, he came flying back into the room almost crying. He ran straight to Aliza saying, "LIZA, LIZA, MY PACI WENT DOWN THE DRAIN." With a few questions we realized that while he was flushing his paci dropped into the toilet and was flushed. Oh. My. Goodness. It was all I could do not to laugh. It was our conscience decision to let the whole paci thing take its natural course. So today Josiah lost his for good. Aliza felt so bad for him that she got teary eyed. Josiah told me that the paci truck was taking paci's to the paci store to be painted green and blue so we needed to go get one. He has one that has a hole in it that he can hold if he wants to. Josiah has slept without a paci on several occasions, but today he did not fall asleep, however Aliza did.

So it wasn't the peace and quiet I was hoping for. I survived. I needed just a couple things at the store. I was going to take everyone tomorrow, but I decided to go tonight because I did not think I would be able to take Josiah in a store without buying him a paci.

That's the end of this unbelievable day. When I was thinking about starting tomorrow I thought of Lamentations 3:22-24
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait on him."

No comments: