Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Unbelievable

I just had a series of events take place that were so unbelievable that I have required myself to take a computer time out. The best way for me to process something is to talk about it so here we go.

We got home from doing a quick errand just after noon. That is a little late for us so I was busy getting lunch ready and Aliza had instructions to finish a lesson. Aliza has had trouble recently controlling where she uses her pencil and I came in to the dining room to find her using her pencil very inappropriately. She was soundly disciplined and I was angry. I went back to the kitchen, continued to feed Anna, assured myself I was well within the realm of responsibility in disciplining Aliza and had just put a bagel in the toaster for my lunch when Josiah came in from the deck.

He announced that there was a big pile and a little pile of poop outside. UUUUGGGGG. I walked outside. It smelled like a barn. I had to spray off the deck and his toys---that had been driven through the poop. (Now's not a good time to talk about how potty training has progressed.) I was hoppin' mad again. I got the outside cleaned up and then we went to the tub to clean up the boy. My bagel burned while I was outside. I came downstairs to clean up the poopy footprints from the door to the tub. (I should have sprayed him off outside, but I didn't think of that.)

Poor Anna was sitting in her highchair waiting for the rest of her lunch this whole time.

I made myself another bagel and we all sat down to each our cold lunches. During lunch I had to repeatedly remind Aliza to sit down. For some reason she wants to stand up whenever she talks--which is all the time. If the cottage cheese on the spoon would have fallen to the floor while she was standing up carrying on her conversation I think I would have screamed! She got back to her chair just in the knick of time. By this time I asked Aliza if she could tell that Mommy was having a hard time. She said yes. I told her when Mommy is having a hard time that is a good time for her to have very good behavior. She agreed.

Anna finished her lunch. I got her washed off and took her over to the toy room to play. As I set her down I realized that Aliza had not closed the door on the car when she came in. I sent her out to close it. After a few minutes of eating in peace I realized it was taking far too long for her to close the door. I went outside to find her. There she was--with the hose--spraying the car--with the door open. I try not to let the neighbors hear me, but this time I had to summon up some extra self control. She got the door closed and came in. The inside of the car was dry.

Thankfully, it is now DVD time. It may be DVD time for the rest of the day. I may even give Aliza Benadryl at rest time so she sleeps (just kidding). I have no desire to face the rest of the day. All of the above events took place in a span of less than 45 minutes.

Oh no, I hear Anna. Oh my! She is 3/4 of the way up the steps. Don't worry. I've already retrieved her. What was a thinking? Mommy's don't get time outs!!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

good luck my friend. Just breathe deeply, and be grateful, as I am, that time NEVER stands still. HUG.