Monday, March 12, 2012

A Long Weekend Made Longer

Jeremy's birthday was Friday and since everyone had originally planned on family visiting from out of town this week we decided to get together anyway to celebrate. Friday was pretty cold, but a golfing excursion was on Jeremy's birthday agenda. His Dad decided that he couldn't let his son down so he finished work early and braved the cold weather. They had fun.

As Karen was putting together a yummy pork roast birthday dinner, Anna casually walked into the kitchen and threw up. It was only once. She seemed fine so we continued to have a good time. I had a great day on Saturday...practiced decorating cupcakes for next weekend, finished a book, watched Pioneer Woman cooking shows. I went so far as to brag about what a good day I had.

Saturday night. 3am. Aliza woke up...I ran her to the bathroom. As we were walking out of the bathroom Jeremy was dashing up the stairs to the bathroom. It was then that I realized I wasn't getting much more sleep that night.

Sunday morning. There was lots of TV watching and a very miserable Jeremy. Mid-morning Josiah runs to the bathroom. It is at this point that I realize there is no way that I am going to get everyone home by myself. We decide to hunker down and wait it out.

Jeremy slept ALL.DAY. I held children. Filled juice cups. Offered food. Hoped for sleep. And watched some more Pioneer Woman cooking shows after bedtime. Aliza had slept ALL afternoon and she was feeling much better so she got in on the girl time. It is fun to have a little girl big enough to do things with.

Because he was sick and we stayed in WV an extra day, Jeremy missed his birthday party with my family (it was a party for all 4 of the adult March birthdays). I missed being with my family too. That night I told God that I missed my family and I thanked Him for giving me another family to take care of us. My in-laws accommodated us and all our sickness without hesitation. I survived this round of sickness with MUCH more sanity because of their help and love.

This morning Jeremy was feeling some better and Josiah was still iffy. I packed us up, loaded the car complete with lunch snacks and we headed home. I drove the 4 hours without stopping. Well, almost, 10 minutes into the trip Josiah threw up and I had to clean him up. At that point I wondered if we would ever make it home, but after that, no problems.

Everyone at supper tonight and it all stayed in their tummies so I'm thinking we are on the mend! Lovely weather in the forecast so we should get rid of the yuckies with some fresh air and sunshine. Oh! It is going to be hard to do school this week!

2 comments:

Christie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christie said...

Gosh, that is a serious bummer! Hope you guys feel better soon. Hugs from us <3