Saturday, March 24, 2012

My Soul Rejoices

Aliza's Bible lesson today was about Zacchaeus. Zacchaeus was a short man who climbed a tree to get a glimpse of Jesus. He was a tax collector. Tax collectors were despised because they often collected more money than the government required and kept the surplus for themselves. As Jesus passed by Zacchaeus, he called him out of the tree and told Zacchaeus that He was coming to his house. As a result of meeting Jesus, Zacchaeus was a changed man and the town people could see the difference in his life.

Aliza's teacher said, "If you have not asked Jesus to forgive your sins, you should. Then people around you will see a change in your life too."

I was listening to the lesson as I cleared the supper table.

Before it dawned on me what was happening, I noticed that Aliza had gone under the table. She often tries to sneak away from her lesson, so I called her back to her chair. As soon as I said it I realized that I had interrupted something important.

Aliza didn't give up. She told me that she needed to be in the living room for a few minutes by herself. I peeked around the corner quickly to see her face down on the couch.

A minute later she came back to me and said, "Mommy, I have to whisper something in your ear." It is usually something important if she wants to whisper in my ear. I leaned down and Aliza said, "I just prayed and asked Jesus to forgive my sins." I gave her a hug and told her that was wonderful and together we told her Daddy.

Aliza felt a little shy about it, but I wanted to tell everyone!!! I settled for telling her grandparents.

I know this is Aliza's story, however; I wanted to record her story because it is a Mommy story too. I have prayed since the day I found out that Aliza was growing inside me that she would choose follow Jesus. I continue to frequently pray for the salvation for each of my children. To see my prayer for Aliza be answered is awesome! My prayers for Aliza's faith will continue, but they will change a bit. Now I pray that Aliza will grow in faith in God. I also pray that she will never waver from her decision to follow Christ.

No comments: