Saturday, March 17, 2012

Quite An Accomplishment


 A friend of mine really loves homemade buttercream frosting. When she told me she was pregnant, I knew that I would offer to make the cake for her shower. What I didn't know was how many guests would attend the shower!

I made cake for 40-45 people! Four dozen cupcakes (2 batches) and a 9 x13 cake. I made extra because I wanted Maria to have some to take home with her.

Thursday was cake day at my house. Before supper I had the cakes baked, 3 batches of frosting made and the cover layer of frosting on the cake.
After supper Jeremy was "on duty" and I concentrated on decorating. For 3 solid hours.


 The cupcakes are supposed to be hydrangeas.
 The dessert table at the shower. It was pretty and pink!
 I had some anxious feelings about how I was going to pull this off. It was a big day and I felt very accomplished (and relieved!) when I fell into bed that night.

Maria loved the cake. =)



2 comments:

Christy said...

those hydrangeas are awesome!! you should be proud of yourself, they look amazing!

Janel said...

The cake and cupcakes look amazing!!! Great job, what a sweet friend you are!!!