Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's a Good Thing...


 It's a good thing God is sovereign.

It's a good thing I had that figured out before I left the house for our first Community Bible Study this morning. Otherwise I would have turned around and come home OR I may not have even made it out of the driveway at all.

It's a good thing we were leaving the house before Jeremy this morning because the battery in my car was dead. I had planned plenty of time for us to arrive at the church early so I could get the children settled in their classes before going to mine. Jeremy jumped us and we arrived only a few minutes late. I don't like being late in new situations!

It's a good thing that we were turning into the church parking lot when I realized that Aliza was in the car WITHOUT her shoes! I only hoped that there was not a rule about bare feet because I did not want to be sent home. Yes, I did feel the need to tell her teachers, who I had never met before, that, indeed, the child DOES have shoes she just neglected to put them on her feet when her Mother (that would be me!) told her to.

And it sure was a good thing that I was already parked in the church parking lot when I opened the car door and a glass bowl fell out at shattered. At that point the only thing to do was just get inside the building...that is...after I informed Aliza that she must get out HER door, instead of Anna's, to avoid stepping on the glass with the aforementioned bare feet.
It was a good thing that Josiah waited until the moment that we walked inside the door and the first person greeted us, to break down into a frantic "oh no Mommy is going to leave me" screaming fit. That continued through Anna's drop off. Anna didn't cry and so got a quick drop off and barely a kiss. Josiah felt a little better when he saw Caleb in his class and in the end he did have a good time.
It's a good thing Anna had a nap this afternoon. This is how she looked after she woke up from her nap. She was worn out. While I was making lunch she laid down on the kitchen floor and then she let me cradle her in my arms before I laid her down for a nap. I should have held her all afternoon...she never lets me hold her like that!

It's a good thing that everyone had a good time this morning because we will be doing it again on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Oh Carla. Oh, Carla, Carla, Carla. I am pausing for a moment of "Mother Solidarity" silence.