Monday, January 13, 2014

Confession

We have started watching Duck Dynasty. I know. We watched Season 1 in it's entirety during sick week. I know. I'm shaking my head too.

There's more. I laugh. Until I cry. Something about rich men with scraggly beards doing ridiculous things and talking with completely straight faces makes me laugh, I guess.

One more thing. The whole family watches it. Aliza loves it. She'll probably marry a man with a scraggly beard, long hair and outrageous looking headband. Thankfully she misses a lot of the humor...or else we'd have a lot of explaining to do. What I do hope she gets...that family will always be there no matter what, that family can laugh and joke and do crazy things together, that Dad will always stand up for his daughter (and she should maybe feel a little nervous about bringing a boy to meet her Daddy...and her Mom!), that her grandparents and aunts and uncles have things to teach her too, and we will all meet at the table to eat and pray before the meal. That's not too bad for a mainstream television program.

Josiah. He claims the Ipad during Duck Dynasty. He claims he doesn't like it. However, he has decided that I'm a GOOD cook and, that, is worth it's weight in gold. It would be pretty big problem if he wanted me to start cooking like Miss Kay!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Duck Dynasty?!?! No way! I have tried to watch that show a couple of times and I just don't get it. But, you go girl, to their own ;)

Christie said...

That was supposed to be, "to each their own!" hehe!