Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rain Gutter Garden

This week flew by, but we finally got phase 2 of the garden planted yesterday. I bought a 10 foot rain gutter. Jeremy cut it in half. Josiah drilled holes in the bottom for drainage.

Then Jeremy screwed each gutter into our privacy fence.
Personally, I think these are about the coolest thing ever!
I had help putting scooping dirt into each gutter and planting seeds.
I planted two types of lettuce and spinach in the gutters. And a few marigolds for fun. 

We were pretty tickled to find broccoli sprouts and a cucumber sprout in our swimming pool gardens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is absolutely adorable! I was originally looking for garden gutters, but now I'm just focusing on the fact that your kids are too cute. They look so sweet while helping you install the rain gutters. I dream of having a close family like yours one day. Anyway, those rain gutters you installed look good, seeing as you and your kids installed them by yourselves. Amazing teamwork! :)

Tom Koval