Friday, September 25, 2015

Family Dinner Book Club--Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle

This month's book selection was Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle. Aliza particularly enjoyed this book and is anxious to check out more Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books.
The menu suggestion didn't strike our fancy this time so I left the meal planning to Aliza. I should have known... Excuse the awkward picture below!
Each menu item was inspired by a chapter in the book. I won't give away the details of the book, but I'll tell you the menu item and chapter name--in no particular order.

Ham: The Slow-Eater-Tiny-Bite-Taker Cure
Fruit: The Selfishness Cure
Crackers: The Answer-Backer Cure
Cheese: The Never-Want-To-Go-To-Bedders Cure
Radishes: The Radish Cure
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches: The Won't-Pick-Up-Toys Cure
Pumpkin Pie: The Figher-Quarrelers Cure
Hot Tea: Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle, Herself
(I rounded out the meal with mashed potatoes and green beans.)
The house sure smelled good when the pumpkin pie was baking!

No comments: