Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I Have a 4 Year Old

Sometimes I forget that I have a 4 year old. She walks and talks like she is older than 4. She plays with her big sister and brother. When she is alone, however, she acts like she is 4 or maybe 2!

Between the hours of 4:00 and 8:00--today only she:
  • baptized Aliza's lalaloopsy's with bubble bath and then put a tiny dot of lotion on each head (you have NO idea how many lalaloopsy's Alliza has!) while the lalaloopsy's were innocently sitting in the doll house
  • chose her favorite pieces of my jewelry and stashed them in one of her favorite baskets (at least she knew where they were when I asked. I did find another one later on my bed)
  • dumped pepper all over a bucket of acorns that Josiah had picked up this morning. A sprinkling of pepper was all over the counter which gave her away.
  • sprayed All-Purpose Cleaner ALL OVER her bedroom which is also Aliza's bedroom. You can only imagine how mad Aliza gets over all of this.
You can only imagine how mad and frustrated Jeremy and I get over all of this too! I know it's a dumb question to ask a 4 year old, but I can't help asking her, "Why did you do this? What made you think that A, B, or C was ok to do?" Her answer is "My brain told me to." And we say, "You need to tell your brain NO!" She gets disciplined. I sigh. 

No comments: