Thursday, March 31, 2016

Oregano to the Rescue

In October I was introduced to the idea of using oils for more than aromatherapy. It overwhelmed me, to say the least. I ended up with a box of 10 essential oils and a book that told me how to use them. I let the box sit for a month. It taunted me though--every time someone had a sniffle or a fever I wondered if maybe those oils had some value.

I decided I needed to do an objective test. A test where I could see if oils had an medicinal value. When one of my children showed me this toe, I cracked open my usage guide book--a little nervously. I looked up "warts" and oregano was the oil suggested to use for treatment. I asked some veteran oil users how to apply it and started putting one drop of coconut oil followed by one drop of oregano on the toe every night. There was immediate change and consistent improvement over months. After about 2 months, I omitted the coconut oil and just used the oregano. And, now, just about 5 months later, the warts are completely gone.

I use oils here and there. I have given up my stove top candle for a diffuser. I can't say that I swear by oils medicinally, but for this issue oregano was definitely the best way to go. I'll let you know if I have any other huge successes!

No comments: