Thursday, March 10, 2016

Singing with a Huge Smile


Aliza had the opportunity to sing with a local church choir in preparation for last weekend's Children's Choir Festival. The children learned 7 pieces since January and on Saturday they had a full day clinic with an accomplished guest director. From the first week of practice, Aliza and I really liked her choir director. Miss Pam is warm and welcoming and really made Aliza feel at ease. Practices got much more exciting when one of Aliza's friends from dance class joined. =)

The day of the festival I dropped Aliza off at 9am. It did not escape my notice that this was the first time that I dropped off a child for a full day activity. I was very happy to see her walk on the stage with a huge smile on her face. She told me it was the best day ever. They had a rehearsal in the morning, lunch, some rhythm activities after lunch and another rehearsal before the concert at 3pm.

If you would like to listen to a song or two, they are posted on youtube. The link is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWYxKJrjeZ5SlGkt7qCGle29ihD1hljcJ Aliza's favorite songs were Teach Us to Love and Bwana Asifiwe.

No comments: