Friday, August 19, 2016

Revised Commission System

I liked the idea of commission, but I did not like thinking of "jobs" for the children to do every day. I tried. Then I gave up. It was only a matter of time, though, until some children had things that they wanted and they needed money. So I had to come up with something sustainable and that meant it had to be repeatable in a way that did not involve my brain!

I came up with a list of daily and weekly jobs that need to be done. I wrote them on popsicle sticks and coded them "weekly", "daily", and "Anna" with washi tape. The big kids draw 2 daily and 1 weekly job every day and Anna draws one job.

It's working pretty well. There are some jobs that I'm still teaching the kids how to do do. For the most part they can be pretty independent. Work is getting done and money is being earned--everyone is happy.

No comments: