Saturday, June 16, 2018

Adventuring--Day 1

I tried to think of an inventive way to do these stories, but apparently my mind only works in the sequence of a day. So I'll mix themes in with days so that you won't have to read about the pool every single day! lol. Just know--we were at the pool every day for an entire 6 days and the kids loved every single minute of it.

Our first destination was Williamsburg, VA to be with Jeremy's family for a couple days. Josh and his family came from Texas so we were all together. We got in late Friday night so first thing Saturday morning the children were ready for the pool. Let me clarify, first thing in the morning on Heslop time is 11:00!

I took the girls back in the afternoon while Isaiah slept and they had so much fun playing together. I found it completely luxurious to sit on a chair and read a magazine while they swam.

On Sunday we spent the entire afternoon at the pool. Isaiah just kept going and going and going. Anna and Brandi played catch with a frisbee for at least an hour. Isaiah managed to flip himself over backwards in his float and sank. Thankfully, I was in the water and right there to grab him. He was scared and I was a bit shaken. I held him for a couple minutes and he was ready to get back in.

By the end of the week, Aliza and Josiah taught  Anna to put her head underwater and she was so proud.

We ate supper at Rocco's Smokehouse Grill. Josh had a friend visiting so there were 16 in our party. Our kids had not been in a sit down restaurant since October. 
After supper it was time for some mini golf. We pretty much took over the course.
I got a hole in one on the first hole and led until the 8th hole. Jeremy kept score for a while, but it was Joel who knew exactly when I lost the lead. All the clubs were too short for Joel and he kept us laughing with his silliness. 
Brandi arrived while we were golfing. After golfing we had ice cream and hung out with Josh and Sarah. The kids ran around like crazies and it took a while for everyone to calm down enough to go to sleep!




No comments: